Netgear Ex3700 extender is one of the best extenders. By using this extender you can reduce your wifi disconnectivity. Netgear EX3700 extender is the best-selling extender. EX3700 extender expands the range of your wifi. On the other hand, Netgear EX3700 covers all the dead zones. If you are searching for the Netgear EX3700 setup process then this topic helps you alot.
Let’s discuss about the Netgear EX3700 setup process:
There are two methods for setting up the EX3700 extender. The first is the manual method and the second is the WPS method.
Netgear EX3700 setup via manual way
In this method, you need a wireless-enabled device that is connected to the EX3700 network. Here are some steps to setup the Netgear EX3700 extender.
- Firstly, unpack your extender and plug it into the power outlet.
- Now on your extender.
- Your extender is ready to install once the power light goes green.
- So now take a laptop or desktop.
- Then join your device to the extender network.
- Start a web browser and type mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- The Netgear smart screen is displayed in front of you.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to complete the Netgear EX3700 setup process.
- After the setup is complete you can move your extender between the dead zone and the router.
If you’re suffering any problems regarding the manual setup then you contact our experts to solve your problems.
How to do Netgear EX3700 Setup using the WPS method?
This setup is very fast and easy. By using this method you can set up your extender within 2 minutes without any personal information like username, password, SSID, etc. Follow the steps to complete Netgear EX3700 Setup.
- Plug your extender into the power socket.
- Place your extender and router in the same room.
- Now turn on your extender.
- Wait for the LED green light.
- After that, you need to press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now on the home router press the WPS button.
- Wait 2 minutes, within 2 minutes the extender will show you three solid green lights.
- The green light indicates that your extender setup is complete.
- Now move your extender to the new desired location.
- Finally, connect your smart device to the extender.
If you’re facing any problems regarding the setup process via the WPS button. Don’t panic, contact our experts to solve all your problems.
Netgear Ex3700 Setup Factory reset process
When you forgot your password and username then you need to perform a reset process. In this process, your all personal information is erased like username, password, etc. By using the reset process you can boost your wifi connectivity.
Some steps for the reset process:
- Find the reset button on your extender.
- The rest button is located at the bottom of the extender.
- Hit and press the factory reset button for a few seconds.
- Now reset it to complete the rest process.
If you’re still facing any issues regarding the reset you can contact our professionals by dialing a toll-free number and live chat.
How do I update my Netgear EX3700 Firmware?
If your extender doesn’t provide the network proper speed or behaves badly. Then you need to update your firmware. Go with the steps given below to complete the update process.
- Turn on your extender.
- Keep ensuring that your extender is connected to the router.
- Start any web browser according to your choice.
- Type mywifiext.net in the status bar and press the enter key.
- Enter your personal information like username, password, etc.
- Now in the setting select firmware’s latest version.
- Click the download option.
- It takes a few seconds to update the firmware.
A common issue facing during the Netgear EX3700 setup
Here are a few common issues that appear during the setup, reset and update process.
- Not able to update the firmware.
- Not able to change the SSID.
- The Internet is connected but the extender is not working.
- Unable to access IP address.
- Not able to perform the reset process.
- Can’t remember the default password.
- The extender is not joined with the home router.
- The Internet is not connected to the extender.
- Wireless disconnectivity.
- Your extender is not connected to the internet.
- Forgot the default password or SSID name.
- Your extender shows red lights.
- Extender LED lights blinking continuously.
- Mywifiext.net is not working properly.
Here are some common issue solutions. Follow these steps to solve your common issues.
- Check that the Netgear EX3700 extender is receiving the proper power supply from the power socket.
- Make sure that the wall plug in which your extender is plugged is not damaged.
- Confirm that your extender has a high internet connection.
- Now check the all-wired connection.
- Don’t use damaged and short-circuited wires.
- Place your extender away from the walls corners, fish tanks, cordless phones, etc.
- Type the correct URL when your mywifiext.net is not working.
- Always use the latest version of the web browser.
- Update the latest firmware version. In the default setting reset the extender.